|FTD TITLES FOR OCTOBER
September 07, 2015 - FTD / E.I.N / Elvis Express Radio
|Elvis Express Radio brings news of Elvis releases and provides free online entertainment & news to fans around the world. We DO NOT sell any Elvis products
With October seeing the major new album release 'If I Can Dream: Elvis with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra' hitting the shelves, fans are also being treated to three releases
from the collectors label, FTD containing material more on the purer side of the Elvis sound.
# 1. Is an all new soundboard recording from Elvis' evening performance on May 30th 1976 in Odessa, Texas.
'Elvis In West Texas' we're told is a thoroughly great show with repertoire highlights including “Help Me Make It Through The Night” and “It’s Now Or Never”.
It's packaging will be the regular 5 inch digi-pack plus will include a 12-page booklet featuring photos taken in 1976.
The show features an 8 minute version of 'I Got Woman / Amen' and includes highlights such as 'Funny How Time Slips Away' and ' Help Me Make It Through The Night'.
This show is the second 1976 concert that FTD have released from Elvis' May-June 76 tour [tour #18] - They released 'Tucson 76' which featured Elvis' concert from June 01st,
1976 15 years ago, in 2000.
All performances on this FTD title are Recorded at County Coliseum, Odessa, Texas on May 30th, 1976, during the evening show.
However, due to the opening part of the show missing, track 1. See See Rider and the talk about Odessa following it, are edited in from the afternoon show of the same day.
Also, a very small part of Elvis' band introductions was not recorded.
01) See See Rider (Eve Show)
02) I Got Woman / Amen
03) Love Me
04) If You Love Me (Let Me Know)
05) You Gave Me A Mountain
06) All Shook Up
07) (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear / Don't Be Cruel
08) Heartbreak Hotel
09) Jailhouse Rock
10) Blue Suede Shoes
12) Introductions; Medley, a) Early Morning Rain, b) What'd I Say, c) Johnny B. Goode, d) Love Letters, e) School Day
14) Hound Dog
15) Funny How Time Slips Away
16) Help Me Make It Through The Night
17) It’s Now Or Never
18) Can't Help Falling In Love
# 2. The next title is the lag FTD's 7 inch, "Classic Album" series is 'Live A Little, Love A Little' which gets it's first stand alone album release new movie soundtrack 'Classic
It comes in a 7” digipack with booklet. Due to the fact that there are only four songs in the movie, this is a single disc with selected outtakes.
The tracklist has not yet been finalised but FTD contributor Ken Jensen notes that it will include "newly discovered session tapes." We have no info as yet whether these are just
better quality versions - but hold thwthe rumour is new outtakes have been found!
# 3. 'Moody Blue', special Double-Vinyl version. Continuing on from the popular special vinyl editions, FTD is pleased to announce the release of “Moody Blue” in its original
discarded art layout for the first time.
To create a unique collectible, it is issued in clear vinyl and each pressing is hand numbered.
This edition is limited to 1500.
This double vinyl edition includes, session outtakes, rough mixes, undubbed versions but for some reason misses out on the full-length version of 'Pledging My Love'?
01. Unchained Melody – undubbed version, Rushmore, Civic Center
02. If You Love Me (Let Me Know)
03. Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain – unedited rough mix
04. He'll Have To Go - rough mix
05. Bitter They Are, Harder They Fall – rough mix
01. She Thinks I Still Care – take 10
02. Moody Blue – take 1
03. Pledging My Love – takes 1, 2
04. It's Easy For You – undubbed master
05. Softly As I Leave You
01. Way Down – rough mix of master
02. She Thinks I Still Care – take 2b
03. Moody Blue – master
04. Let Me Be There
05. America - composite of single master and the surviving ending of the erased studio version
01. Unchained Melody – undubbed version, Ann Arbor, Crisler Arena
02. Little Darlin'
03. She Thinks I Still Care – take 15
04. Moody Blue – unedited rough mix of master
05. My Way (live)